Flip Mini Album Tutorial14:41:00
Hi there Scrappy Friends!
I am back today with the tutorial for the Mini Flip Album that I posted yesterday for the Blog Hop. Be sure to check out that post and leave a comment for a chance to win some blog candy! you can get another chance to win by following my blog.
For this tutorial, I used the brand new Bo Bunny Butterfly Kisses 6x6 paper pad. This stack is so beautiful! I think I may offer this as a workshop for my local followers complete with embellishments sometime in July, so stay tuned for the date and final project pics.
This is the naked album so you can see the process and all the measurements. If you have questions, please don't hesitate to ask!
You will need 3 12 x 12" pieces of cardstock for this project and about 1/2 a stack of a 6x6 pad.
For the base:
- Cut your cardstock at 6x12
- Score at 2 1/2", 3", 9" and 9 1/2"
- If you want a wider cover binding, you can adjust the scoring of this paper to 2 3/8", 3" 9" and 9 5/8". If you want more chunky embellishments, I would suggest to add this extra 1/8" to each side to allow for your album to close flat.
- cut 4 6' x 6" for the front and back cover
- apply wet glue or strong adhesive to the left side small flap. Be careful not to get too close to the score line
- line up the 6 x 6" cardstock, just to the left of the score line. You don't want to be ON the score line, so your paper will fold properly.
- apply glue or adhesive to the other side of the 6 x 6" cardstock and line up another 6 x 6" piece. This will make a sandwich of the small flap and give you a strong cover.
- REPEAT the same process for the right side.
- cut 3 pieces of cardstock at 6x12"
- score the 2 outside pieces at 3", 8 7/8" and 9"
- score the center piece at 3" and 9"
- With your inside pages folded up, apply Score Tape to the back of the center page
- Line it up with the center of the cover page and burnish it together.
- cut 5 - (for the outside cover and inside, the left inside flip page front and back and back cover) 5 7/8" x 5 7/8"
- cut 4 - 3/8" x 5 7/8" for the inside and outside spine
- cut 4 - first and second inside flip pages (front an back) 5 3/4" x 5 7/8"
- cut 8 - small flap pages 2 7/8" x 5 7/8"
- cut 2 - decorative tag for the smaller flaps 3" x 4" cardstock
- cut 2 - decorative tag for the smaller flaps 2 7/8" x 3 7/8" patterned paper
Please Follow and share :)